Postdoctoral Fellow - Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, position in Christopher S. Bond Life Science Center, University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Analyze diverse types of biological data, including next generation sequencing (NGS) such as RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, and others, multiomics data integration and microbiome data. Prepare and publish manuscripts and reports.
- Develop machine learning and deep learning methods and algorithms for high-throughput biological phenotypic data, in silico hypothesis generation and predictions. Develop and maintain standalone software and web services in bioinformatics and computational biology such as IMPRes, G2PDeep and others.
- Contribute towards web-based SoyKB and KBCommons framework and new tools development.
- Build automatic workflow or pipelines for specific biological problems using HPC and cloud storage.
- Assist in grant and proposal writing.
- Coordinate or participate in collaborative bioinformatics research and training workshop and graduate course development.
- Manage lab resources and train, supervise and review work of other lab members and students in the lab.
- Applicant must have a PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
- Experience in management and supervision of lab members and graduate and undergraduate students.
- In-depth capabilities in understanding, implementing and developing bioinformatics data analytics tools, computational methods and algorithms, databases, web-development, multiomics data integration, modern machine learning / deep learning methods and statistics inferences algorithms and related tools.
- Excellence in R, Python, Perl, JAVA, SQL, MongoDB and related web development in Unix/Linux environment.
- Working experience in analysis of high-throughput bulk and single cell genomics, multiomics and microbiome data.
- Knowledge of biological databases and their application for plant and biomedical sciences. In-depth knowledge in bioinformatics and systems biology algorithms.
- Experiences with workflow management systems like Pegasus, Snakemake etc., High Performance Computers, Cloud storage and GPU programming.
- Familiarity with use of Amazon web services (AWS) resources.
- In-depth experience of bioinformatics problem solving, tools design and development process.
- Proactive team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Application Materials
- Complete online application; submit CV, 3 Recommendation letters, Publications 2-3
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.