Genmab is focused on creating and developing innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Data Engineering and Bioinformatics is part of an enterprise effort to enable data-driven decisions at Genmab. The partner-centric group is embedded with stakeholders across the entire pipeline value chain from Discovery, Translational, Clinical Innovation to Commercial, and more. Our focus is to enable Data Science with data in a rapid, exploratory environment and ensure data is democratized across the organization. We constantly push ourselves to innovate, improve our practices, and bring value to our stakeholders.
The successful candidate will contribute to the mission of the global data engineering function and be responsible for many aspects of data including architecture, access, classification, standards, integration, pipelines, and visualization. Although your role will involve a diverse set of data-related responsibilities, your expertise will be in pipeline and workflow management.
You are an expert in using tools such as Airflow to create workflows, connect systems, enable tracking of data, implement triggers and configure programmatic accessibility to enable job automation and you will be required to share your expertise throughout the group. Your ultimate goal will be to place data at the fingertips of stakeholders and enable science to go faster. You will join an enthusiastic, agile, fast-paced and explorative global data engineering team.
- Design, implement, and manage ETL data pipelines that ingest vast amounts of commercial and scientific data from public, internal and partner sources into various repositories on a cloud platform (AWS)
- Enhance end-to-end workflows with automation that rapidly accelerate data flow with pipeline management tools such as Airflow
- Implement and maintain databases for raw and processed commercial and scientific data
- Innovate and advise on the latest technologies and standard methodologies in Data Engineering and be able to identify software solutions that can address hurdles in data enablement
- Manage relationships and project coordination with external parties such as Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and vendor consultants/contractors
- Define and contribute to data engineering practices for the group, including expertise in your focus area, establishing templates and frameworks, determining the best usage of specific cloud services and tools, and working with vendors to provision cutting edge tools and technologies
- Collaborate with data scientist leads to determine the best-suited data enablement methods to optimize the interpretation of the data, including creating presentations and leading tutorials on data usage as appropriate
- Apply value-balanced approaches to the development of the data ecosystem and pipeline initiatives
- Proactively communicate data ecosystem and pipeline value propositions to partnering scientific collaborators
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related field with 8+ years of software engineering experience or a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or a related field and 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Excellent skills and deep knowledge of ETL pipelines, automation, and workflow management tools such as Airflow, AWS Glue, Amazon Kinesis, AWS Step Functions, and CI/CD is a must
- Excellent skills and deep knowledge in Python, Pythonic design, and object-oriented programming is a must, including common Python libraries such as pandas. Experience with R is a plus
- Solid understanding of databases such as Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redshift, and Aurora, including distributed database design, SQL vs. NoSQL, and database optimizations
- Solid understanding of AWS cloud computing services such as Lambda functions, ECS, Batch, and Elastic Load Balancer and other compute frameworks such as Spark, EMR, and Databricks
- Proficiency with modern software development methodologies such as Agile, source control, project management, and issue tracking with JIRA
- Proficiency with container strategies using Docker, Fargate, and ECR
- Proficiency with Linux and shell scripting
- Experience working with GxP and non-GxP data is a plus
Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialized people across functions in an informal, multicultural environment, with an aim to make a difference in the lives of people with cancer.
At Genmab, we pride ourselves on our unique culture. We are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of cancer patients. We hypothesize and experiment to seek innovative solutions, no matter the employee’s role; we speak up, empower each other, and embrace change and growth; we respect and celebrate our differences while working as one team.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we, therefore, ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. Genmab employees work with determination, challenge the status quo, and cultivate a growth mindset in everything we do.
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands; Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in this location is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.
Please be alerted that at the moment a recruitment scam involving Genmab is circulating. The scam involves recruiters on LinkedIn and elsewhere, pretending to be Genmab employees, headhunting candidates, and asking for CVs and other personal information. The scam can include asking for payment for interviews or interview preparation. This communication is not coming from Genmab, we encourage people to stay alert and not to respond to these queries.
Jun 30, 2022
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands