Agnostiq is developing Covalent, an open-source workflow orchestration platform designed to help users manage and execute tasks in heterogeneous computing environments. You can learn more about the project at: https://github.com/AgnostiqHQ/covalent. Agnostiq is a fully distributed team with roots in Toronto and team members across Canada and the United States.
As a Software Architect, you will play a significant role in the design of a variety of cutting-edge cloud computing projects that serve as an extension of Covalent, our open-source workflow management tool. In this role, you will be responsible for executing the product’s technical specifications and software stack, while ensuring its scalability for future growth. You will work closely with engineering to assist in the planning and implementation of these projects. The ideal candidate is a strategic problem solver and is comfortable in a startup environment. He/she will possess the following hard and soft skills:
- Ability to see the big picture - the ideal candidate will understand how different pieces of the application stack, including the cloud components, front-end, back-end and databases fit together in a holistic manner.
- Ability to work across multiple layers of the stack - the ideal candidate will be able to assess & evaluate the software product on both the horizontal (across technology) and vertical (across low level details to high level architecture) levels.
- Interest in learning and evaluating new technologies - the ideal candidate will be a quick study, keen to assess and recommend new technologies for the application stack.
- Ability to bridge product and technology - the ideal candidate will be a bridge between product and technology by virtue of their strong communication skills, and their ability to identify and articulate potential risks and impacts on product timelines.
- Review the business/product requirements and aid in the design of our current product portfolio.
- Document, diagram and validate your technical vision at a high level, and present to key stakeholders.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product outcomes.
- Understand concepts surrounding our SaaS services, including but not limited to, cloud infrastructure, APIs, microservices architecture, scalability, performance, data storage, serverless computing, front-end etc.
- Maintain constant alignment with Engineering to ensure the implementation coincides with high level specifications and technical design by scoping the required issues and epics.
- Supporting the engineering team if required by adapting into a hands-on developer. Some of the technologies we use: Python, React, Terraform, AWS Cloud.
- Understand product requirements, breaking complex features down into achievable engineering goals.
- Continuously improve and optimize the application’s SDLC, architecture, and tech stack over time.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or technical architect
- Strong expertise in following technologies - Python, Bash, Linux, AWS cloud technology, web technologies, databases, API development, Terraform, React
- General experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environments
- Experience and understanding of how modern web applications are developed and deployed in distributed cloud-based platforms
- Experience architecting SaaS products
- Leadership experience and ability to interact with peers and clients at all levels
- Experience with architecting software products from inception to launch is a big plus
- Experience engaging with the open-source software community
- Equity Participation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Home office allowance
Dec 12, 2022
Full Remote USA / Canada